Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Tempus Pro Topofthepopsappearanceio

The Chairman appearing in public without a tie

The Chairman browsing the pretty songbird

Just in case you missed the Top of the Pops Christmas special on Christmas day (which as half the club are resident in Australia seems highly likely), you will have missed your First Lady being the first person in the audience panned onto when the first act the Kaiser Chiefs were on. I’m afraid I don’t have any stills of this fleeting appearance (one of a number I might add), but courtesy of a friend of my sister-in-law, a number of stills of Katie Melula’s rendition of “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” featuring your Chairman quite prominently managed to find their way to me by email, which I thought I might like to share with the wider world. As my brother said in a text message, “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas….and stop staring at Katie Melua’s bottom”. Sometimes, the evidence for the prosecution can be somewhat overwhelming, but luckily enough, the clip has not yet made it to YouTube, thus my over-animated clapping will not reach a wider audience yet, but even I winced when I saw my shameful performance. Hope you managed to catch it - or not as the case may have it.

No comments: